Wonderland
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Wonderland is only as far away as a pen and paper.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Book Recommendations

Go down 
+2
wild516
Wonderland
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Wonderland

Wonderland

Book Recommendations Empty
PostSubject: Book Recommendations   Book Recommendations Icon_minitime6/27/2009, 13:34

Books! Books! Books! I can name one Book that you should be reading but you probably aren't! This will be a forever growing list of book recommendations from myself and every other user. They can be magazines even. Anything that includes text can be placed here. If you would like a book added to this list send me a PM and I will have it up post haste. Reading is good, so get on it!

1. The Bible: READ IT YOU FOOLS! (...the picture version is okay although it probably won't include Revelation...)

2. Harry Potter: J.K. Rowling (...if you haven't read this, you are insane. This is probably one of the top greatest books alive. Sort of. It isn't a classic, but for modern times, it is!)

3. The Ender's series: Orson Scott Card (Because I know sooner or later Jacob will make me put it up here. I have absolutely no idea what is about. Although...he said it has some um *cough* scenes. Kidding! kidding! Apparently it is a good series.)

4. Pendragon series: DJ Machale (An absolutely fantastic series about a boy who travels through different worlds and stops the turning points to prevent total destruction of a universe called "Hala." Really great!)

5. Twilight: Stephanie Meyers (Because I know Jacob loathes this book more than he loves me! He will tell you it is the worst book ever. In my opinion, it is a very well written and heart-throbbing romance. *cough* Edward. I lov- I mean...girls love you.

6. The Claidi Journals: Tanith Lee (A really great set of four novels that are written in the most creative way. It isn't a world that we know and yet it isn't fantasy. It just what a reader will love. Claidi was raised as a slave in the House to Lady Jade. When Nemain crashes his hot air balloon in The House (a closed in city) he is held as a prisoner. Claidi is called to help him escape. They begin to cross the "waste" together...)

7. The Cup of the World: John Dickenson (This book has a few risque seens, but even then they are beautifully written. It is reccomended though for those who are at least fourteen or fifteen. Phaedra, 16, rejects each of her nobly born suitors in turn because none of them can compare to the mysterious young knight who has visited her dreams since her childhood. When at last she meets her beloved in the flesh, she marries him immediately, despite his family's reputation for black magic and his leadership of a territory in near-open rebellion against the King. As her country descends into civil war, Phaedra learns the chilling truth about her husband's powers and finds the strength to save what she holds dear.)

Last edited by Wonderland on 6/29/2009, 20:25; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://wonderland.heavenforum.com
wild516

wild516

PostSubject: Re: Book Recommendations   Book Recommendations Icon_minitime7/2/2009, 15:44

WOOHOOO ENDERS SERIES lol Razz

uhmm also can you add in the "shadow" series (i dunno the actual series name, i just remember the first book is way of the shadows and all of em have shadow in the name)
also read "the hunger games" its the first book in its series and the second book is coming up. the first book, at first its boring but it gets really interesting after the 100th page
Back to top Go down
Wonderland

Wonderland

PostSubject: Re: Book Recommendations   Book Recommendations Icon_minitime7/2/2009, 16:02

(I need to know what it is about. Send it to me in a PM. Summarize what it is about and then I will. And omg. You read the Enders series? T_T. XD You do realize Jacob is just gonna make fun of me now and batter me into reading it. Just like he has with almost everything else...music...books...manga...animes...games...yada yada...just about everything xD Comedians even.)
Back to top Go down
SaraboBara

SaraboBara

PostSubject: Re: Book Recommendations   Book Recommendations Icon_minitime7/2/2009, 16:36

Ummm I don't know if anyone likes Jerry Spenelli, he is a little..middle school-ish, but I think you should read 'Stargirl' and the sequel 'Love, Stargirl' :D those books can relate to all ages.
Back to top Go down
Wonderland

Wonderland

PostSubject: Re: Book Recommendations   Book Recommendations Icon_minitime7/2/2009, 17:01

((Again. I need a summary of what it is about. xD lol. I might look it up. But I'm too lazy. So your best bet is just summarizing what it is about.))
Back to top Go down
wild516

wild516

PostSubject: Re: Book Recommendations   Book Recommendations Icon_minitime7/5/2009, 16:25

Back to top Go down
Stickman

Stickman

PostSubject: Re: Book Recommendations   Book Recommendations Icon_minitime7/5/2009, 18:31

How about Artemis Fowl series?
Back to top Go down
Wonderland

Wonderland

PostSubject: Re: Book Recommendations   Book Recommendations Icon_minitime7/5/2009, 19:32

Yup. For sure.
Back to top Go down
Thirteen

Thirteen

PostSubject: Re: Book Recommendations   Book Recommendations Icon_minitime7/6/2009, 17:20

Uglies Triology?
by Scot Westerfeld.

Best three books I have EVER read. xD

Synopsis of Book 1: Uglies.
"A girl of fifteen is anxiously awaiting the transformation of a life
time. She is sick of being an ugly and can't wait for the surgery that
will transform her into a “new Pretty". It is what all uglies
dream of, the day they turn sixteen, the day they leave buck teeth and
big noses and childhood scars behind. But the sure truth of what being
a "pretty" is, up-roots Tally Young bloods life when she is thrown into
a hurricane of confusion, as she is forced to enter a rebel community
who actually want to stay ugly. Now she must decide whom she should
betray."

You can read the whole first chapter here: http://obsidianskye.wordpress.com/
Back to top Go down
Mithoes

Mithoes

PostSubject: Re: Book Recommendations   Book Recommendations Icon_minitime7/21/2009, 03:25

Artemis Fowl Rocks. @_@

Eragon Series:Christopher Paolini:: I'm sure people have heard of it, and I hate the movie, because it gave the books a bad name.

Nightworld Series:L.J. Smith:: It is about a hidden society of witches, vampires, werewolfs, and shapeshifters. Lot's of different collections of stories though.

Faerie Wars:Herbie Brennan:: It has a littlbe bit of everything. Very, very, very hard to summarize, so please try to find some info on it somewhere, because the books are epic.

The Alex Rider series:Anthony Horrowitz:: It is a collection of missions that a teenage spy is sent on, and they get better every time ^_^

The Gatekeeper series:Anthony Horrowitz:: Another series from the same author as the alex rider series, about a group of teens who are discovering they have hidden powers, and are destined to fight of a rising of demons/monsters/whatever

The Heir series:Cinda Williams Chima:: (the heir series is my nickname for it. It is really the warrior heir, then the wizard heir, and then lastly, the dragon heir) Yet again, hard to explain, please look it up v_v It is an awesome series.

Percy and the Olimpians Series:RickRiordan:: It has to do with several greek gods, and myths.

Inkheart Series:Forgot::You guys should know anyways xP

(I will add more later)

((I do realize the summaries suck, but they are handwritten, and I am going off of memory v_v But my stupidity aside, every last one of those book series are awesome. You should definitely look into them.))
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Book Recommendations   Book Recommendations Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Book Recommendations
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Wonderland :: Discussions :: Book Discussions-
Jump to: